editor in linux shell that does charactor count?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Sep 26 16:21:44 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 6:58 PM, Linux for blind general discussion
<blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:

> Huh, I was nearly certain that WP had a character-count
> functionality, but pulling it up, I can't seem to find it.

You've sparked a memory. I don't recall in the DOS versions but in the
Windows versions, the character count up to the cursor position is
displayed in the lower right corner, just below the editing pane. So
put the cursor at the end of the text and look there.

Paul
--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]