Possibly Off-Topic: Elia, a tactile alphabet proclaiming to be an intuitive alternative to Braille.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Apr 22 18:46:19 UTC 2018

OMG!
Thanks for sharing this.  I will certainly support the effort. I
appreciate if nothing else the factual information, how few individuals
defined as blind actually start with no vision at all less than 1% and how
few read braille at all, comparative percentage.
Any system that provides choices more than stereotypes has my vote.
Kare