Possibly Off-Topic: Elia, a tactile alphabet proclaiming to be anintuitive alternative to Braille.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 07:48:36 UTC 2018

Two things spring to mind here.
First, there was special styryne coated paper of some sort one could print
on, then roll through a heating system to bring up the tactile version of
the image.  This is quite old technology.
Second, Moon as an alphabet was raised tactile simplified representations
of the standard visual alphabet.  Do we know if this new one relates to that
or is a new one altogether.

In all, it strikes me that it is all a new look at some old solutions that
had their mileage at the time.
All the best inventions are simple and just a new slant or lateral thinking
on existing technologies.

We do read a lot of blurb from such developers like they just invented the
wheel for the blind. When we get access to it, and at a listening developer,
we can usually iron out or refine their offerings to better suit our needs
as we percieve them, rather than how they percieve them.  A world of
difference can lay between these two perspectives.

There is so much scope for tactile material, for the sake of best
presentation, or representation.

JMO, RobH.