still seeking, is anyone have a shell server I can use for a test?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 00:55:05 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 06, 2018 at 19:29:50PM -0400, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> I am still seeking a simple, based on the testing needs  of the engineers
> working with me here  server if possible.

> Granted I have already tested a couple of examples, but suppose I desire
> being a touch more scientific.
> So, again if anyone has or can suggest a server using alternative port
> settings than 22 for ssh, let  me know off list.
> Janina's server times out according to -v information.
> Our agency is pressed for time to find a solution, which may end up being
> hostgator for our accounts  in the end.

some e-mails must be getting lost in the desert. again, i run my own servers
with my own address space, and would be willing to set up a virtual server
for whatever testing you require, including root access, under the following
constraints:

1. reasonably brief testing (days not weeks).
2. set-up time is manual, so may take a day or five; if your need is
   really urgent, i'll see what i can get pushed through sooner.
3. a security envelope unless impossible. by that i mean access to the
   server from pre-defined sources, not the entire internet. adjustable.
4. it might be a physical server instead of virtual.
5. my dns is manual. if you want forward/reverse that'll add a full day.

in case you didn't know, five bucks will set you up a virtual server at
digital ocean for a month.  if you can spare that, i can set that up for you
instead (i am sighted mostly), and that would take less than an hour.
such a resource has no restrictions on anything at all.