Dividing Daisy Audiobooks.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Dec 22 12:20:18 UTC 2018

Okay, not sure which version of Daisy I'm working with here, but
here's the output from ls on the root of one of the magazines:

asimovs_2018-11-0001.3gp
asimovs_2018-11-0002.3gp
asimovs_2018-11-0003.3gp
asimovs_2018-11-0004.3gp
asimovs_2018-11-0005.3gp
asimovs_2018-11-0006.3gp
asimovs_2018-11-0007.3gp
asimovs_2018-11-0008.3gp
asimovs_2018-11-0009.3gp
asimovs_2018-11.ncx
asimovs_2018-11.opf
asimovs_2018-11.pncx
asimovs_2018-11.ppf
asimovs_2018-11.smil
asimovs_2018-11ann.3gp
asimovs_2018-11hdgs.3gp
asimovs_2018-11pdtb.md5
dtbsmil110.dtd
ncx110.dtd
oeb1.ent
oebpkg101.dtd
pdtb_protected.smil
protected.mp3
us-nls-dm-asimovs_2018-11.ao

I don't recognize most of the filename extensions, but I suspect the
.3GP files are the actual audio since du -sh * | sort -h identifies
them as being the largest files in the directory. I also know
protected.mp3 is simply a recording that plays when trying to play the
book on a unauthrized device.

I'm assuming most, if not all, of my current Daisy Library is the same
major revision of the format as most of the magazines are dated 2017
or 2018, and there are five files that Jdupes identifies as being
identical across 137 audiobooks, which I believe is the entire
library.

I hope that helps others in narrowing down exactly which beast we're
dealing with.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
Bachelor of Computer Science
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.