Yast and orca

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Dec 30 21:36:07 UTC 2018

Hello Michael,

On 30/12/2018 21:28, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> I was wondering if orca is accessible a to be used with yast and yast 2?

Short answer: no.
Detailed answer: I started OpenSuse Leap in a VM, installed orca, had it working.
Three GUI options are proposed for yast and yast2:
--qt: no sound.
--gtk: "The GTK GUI has been retired, falling back to Qt.
--ncurses: no sound. Which is deceitful, as I have speech in konsole when typing. But not reading the screen,

Forget speech in KDE and KDE apps for now, but some like lokalize and kate and k3b.

Best,

Didier
--
Didier Spaier