Linux distribution for the blind these days

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 16:20:54 UTC 2018

well, there are several distr.'s that have accessibility built in and ready to go right from the start.

Ubuntu, Vinux, Slax (A version of slack ware) and a few others. I use Ubuntu here and I can do the entire install without sighted assistance right from boot up.

SInce you are new, there are some preset configurations that might work for you and those will be listed in the install matrix. I am an old hand and often change those to meet my needs at the time.

anyway, I hope this helps (even a little).

-eric