Linux distribution for the blind these days

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 17:01:47 UTC 2018

Why it is slint will be easier is you get a curses text interface to
deal with on the installer not a gui environment already running in
orca.  There are places in orca with installers that don't even speak
even with orca review mode on and for a user to do an orca install they
need some familiarity with orca ahead of time.  No such requirement
exists for slint.

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

> Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 07:38:56
> From: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com>
> To: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: Linux distribution for the blind these days
>
> Hello
>
> Le 22/02/2018 ? 12:53, Linux for blind general discussion a ?crit?:
>> Yes, download and install slint.? Much easier install than ubuntu and similar distros.
>
> I confirm (I am Slint's creator and maintainer).
> Some links:
>
> http://slint.fr/wiki//en/start
> (la traduction en Fra?ais est en retrd).
> http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/README-14.2.1.1
> http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/doc/ACCESSIBILITY
> mailing list:
> Tu peux y poster en Fran?ais
> Forum: https://forum.salixos.org/viewforum.php?f=44
> Tu peux poser en Fran?ais, et aussi ici:
> https://forum.salixos.org/viewforum.php?f=27
> (forum commun avec Salix).
>
> Greetings,
> Didier Spaier
> <didier~at~slint~dot~fr>
>
>> On Thu, 22 Feb 2018, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
>>
>>> Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 06:12:56
>>> From: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com>
>>> To: blinux-list at redhat.com
>>> Subject: Linux distribution for the blind these days
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a recipe for installing Linux for a blind person. I
>>> am asking because I never done it before.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jimmy