Linux distribution for the blind these days

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 17:23:11 UTC 2018

I don't see the message you're referring to, so I may be getting some of
this out of context.

You can use an ISO directly if you're going to install to a virtual
machine. Otherwise, I think you need some install media, like a CD, DVD
or USB stick. You can't install a new operating system from a .deb file.
There are also network installs, but I'm not sure if you can start these
from a running operating system or not.

I defer to others with more knowledge and experience in this area.

On 02/22/2018 09:53 AM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> Thanks, but would like to use an image directly from the hard-drive.
> As another idea, what about any convertion tools from an .iso to a dot
> deb? Thanks again
> Chime

Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail