Screen reader advice for a Linux sysadmin

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 22:56:01 UTC 2018

Kathy,
I learned Braille at age 47. It took me just about 8 months to get down the basics. After that, it just takes practice, practice and still more practice.

One other item in the braille arena you will need to learn is computer braille (it's 8 dot as opposed to 6 dot). It will allow you a much more flexible use of braille in both math and scripting environments.I have a guide here from my time up at the colorado center for the blind.

btw, if you need to learn braille, you can take the Hadely courses (free of charge) or check in with a local blind center in your state.

-eric