Screen reader advice for a Linux sysadmin

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 13:31:23 UTC 2018

I concur with using a mac as a ssh base.  The bsd based terminal can be made much more accessable using the mac's native voiceover with a few
minor system configuration changes.

One then has a good screen reader for any text based shh session or using ports of text applications in the mac as well as gui access as
needed.

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018, Linux for blind
general discussion wrote:

> You are very welcome Kathy. I understand I may have a bias towards Mac since I use it predominately but I also advocate for individuals using what ever tool can allow them to get the job done. For me I use a Mac for the before mentioned reasons and because when I need to access Linux I can do so remotely. As a software engineer who relies on a screen reader I choose the machine which allows me to do what I need to with a very high quality speech synthesizer.
>
> Someone on this list did say there might be an update for Orca to make it work better with Ubuntu 16.04 but I have not had time to dedicate to the installation of that update.
>

> Bryan Duarte | software engineer
>
> ASU Computer Science Ph.D Student
> IGERT Fellow
> Alliance for Person-centered Accessible Technology (APAcT)
> Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing (CUbiC Lab)
> National Federation of the Blind of Arizona | Affiliate Board Member
> National Association of Blind Students | Board Member
> Arizona Association of Blind Students | President
> Phone: 480-652-3045
>
> > On Feb 27, 2018, at 12:32 PM, Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Kathy

XB