Screen reader advice for a Linux sysadmin

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 14:15:07 UTC 2018

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 08:31:23AM -0500, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

>I concur with using a mac as a ssh base.  The bsd based terminal can
>be made much more accessable using the mac's native voiceover with a
>few minor system configuration changes.

Which changes are necessary to make the textbased terminal work better
with VoiceOver? With the default settings VO support for the terminal is
not really good IMHO and everything I tried didn't it make better :-(.

I'd really like to use my Mac to administrate my Linux servers at work
via ssh, write scripts or edit config files with vi on the servers,
e.g., but all those things are not possible because VO looses the focus
while writing commands in the shell or editing files wit vi, keeps
hanging when much output is provided by a system and so on.

Every hint which makes things better in the terminal is highly wellcome
:-).

Cheers and thanks,

  Schoepp

--