Announce: Slint64-14.2.1 is released.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jan 2 05:35:35 UTC 2018

Download command for slint on installation page works better this way:
wget -bc --max-redirect=10000 --trust-server-names
https://sourceforge.net/projects/slint/files/14.2.1/slint64-14.2.1.iso

Using these switches a file called wget-log probably will be created
more about that file shortly.
The continue option is also used which means do not give up when a
connection is broken.
The --max-redirect=10000 option says do not give up with too many
redirects either, and the --trust-server-names tells sourceforge.net to
put the iso on the user's disk with the same name the user used to
download the iso.  Sourceforge otherwise has an awful habbit of hiding
files users downloaded from it with its own names a user may not find
for the next five years with dilligent searching.
Now, back to that wget-log file it's valuable for a user too.
First wc -l wget-log will return number of lines in that file and if a
download is continuing, that number will increase.
Second, a command like
tail -3 wget-log|grep -i "saved"
will return a line with saved on it and the size of the file and the
filename when the download has completed.
None of this used to be necessary with sourceforge in the past but is by
now.