slint release install findings

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jan 3 17:49:08 UTC 2018

Hello Jude,

Did this issue occur since RC3 or since the final release?

I ask because I see this in the ChangeLog, cf.
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/ChangeLog.txt
cut here
Monday 27 November 2017
Note: this batch of updates is the last applied in slint64-14.2.1RC3.
espeak-1.48.04-x86_64-4slint.txz: Rebuilt.
  Use portaudio as backend to allow using orca in parallel without
  having to start pulseaudio system wide.
portaudio-v19-x86_64-2slint: Re-added and rebuilt.
  Dependency of espeak.
cut here

other than that the espeak version didn't change.

If that was also the case in RC3, I could rebuild an espeak
package with pulseaudio as backend that you could test.

I would also be curious to know if this issue occurs for
other users.

Greetings,

Didier