Linux distro and questions

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Jan 6 15:55:35 UTC 2018

I tried installing the light version of kali linux and was able to
install it with speech but post install I'm not even sure I ever managed
to login.  If I did log in, speech was most definitely off and I
couldn't run speaker-test or start espeakup once logged in.  Next time I
try that, I'll use be my eyes to look at my monitor and tell me what's
going on.