Wi-Fi help.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Jan 8 05:16:29 UTC 2018

Hi, Willem here.
I have not used wpa_cli, but if your
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf has a valid network block, you can
look at your /etc/network/interfaces to see what the entry for wlan0 looks
like and then take it from there.
By the sound of it, you might not have a configuration for wlan0 in there.
If so, add something like the below to /etc/network/interfaces and then
try
ifup wlan0

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
pre-up wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -B -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
post-down killall -q wpa_supplicant
auto wlan0
HTH, Willem