[orca-list] Fwd: Small sound when using Orca on Ubuntu Mate - Raspberry Pi , From Hanoi - Vietnam

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jan 9 20:27:10 UTC 2018

Hello Thuy Pham,

Based on your message, I am not sure if you are using the 3.5mm audio
jack or the output from the HDMI port on a monitor. We have not had a
very good experience with the HDMI port audio quality, so I strongly
recommend the 3.5mm connector.

For us, Mate is behaving nicely, since we can use our keyboard audio
buttons to control volume.

Feel free to try our image for the Pi 3. here is the info:

You can download this image we are calling F123Light at:
http://www.iavit.org/~f123/downloads/F123Light-18.01.06.img.zip

Sha1sum is at:
http://www.iavit.org/~f123/downloads/F123Light-18.01.06.img.zip.sha1sum

The default root password is:
root

the normal user is:
f123

Default password for normal user:
f123

The hostname is:
f123light

During first boot the image will auto-expand the partition and file
system to match the size of the existing SD card, so it can take a
minute and a half or so. Subsequent boots will be faster, i.e. around 30
seconds.

Make sure you change the default passwords before getting online.

The source code and documentation for the scripts that build this image
can be found at:
https://github.com/f123/F123Light

It is still early in our development process, so we have not written
frequently asked questions, end-user documentation, etc. Also, at this
point, the image is only suitable for more advanced users, as many
packages do not come pre-installed yet. For example, Fenrir is still not
working on the console, but Orca and Mate work well.

Also, for now the image is only available in English, but we hope that
this will change in the following weeks. We are structuring the image
build process to make it easy to localize to various languages. Please
get in touch if you would like to help with a Vietnamese version.

You may join our project list sending an e-mail to:
F123e+subscribe at groups.io

You will also find an excellent site and e-mail list with lots of
helpful blind folk interested on the Pi here:
http://www.raspberryvi.org/

Good luck,

Fernando