Using the Bios and making a bootable disk

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 14 17:52:00 UTC 2018

Hello,

I recently got a new computer with 1 TB of memory, 8 GB of RAM, and here
are the rest of my specs using the msinfo32.  System Model; Value: HP
Laptop 15-b System Type; Value: x64-based P Processor; Value: AMD
A9-9420 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical
Processor( Anyhow, I found out that the bios on this machine is
activated by pressing the F10 continuously at startup. It will make a
loud beeping noise to let you know you are at the bios. You use the
arrow keys. I heard that blind people have been able to install Linux
using the Bios despite not having any sighted assistance even though we
know that bios's are not accessible. How did they go about doing this?

I went on a Linux web site and downloaded a few distros, Ubuntu 16.04
desktop, and Debian 8 Desktop. Both are iso files. Unfortunately, I
don't have any blank DVD's right now, though I have a few flash drives.
I heard that you need to specially configure your flash drive to make it
bootable. Are there any accessible tools that let you do this, and if
you can provide a link to it I would greatly appreciate it.

If someone knows how to use this particular bios, can someone send me a
list of shortcuts, like how many times to press the arrow key in which
direction for a certain number of times to arrive at a specific menu?

Many Thanks,

-Harmony