Ubuntu with Orca

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jan 23 17:31:39 UTC 2018

Hey all,

I bought an HP and installed Ubuntu 16.04 on it. I am having some issues with Orca not responding to key commands as it should and terminal output not being read. Do I need to install Gnome text based desktop? Is that even possible after the fact? Any help in getting this to work would be much appreciated.
Bryan Duarte | software engineer

ASU Computer Science Ph.D Student
IGERT Fellow
Alliance for Person-centered Accessible Technology (APAcT)
Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing (CUbiC Lab)
National Federation of the Blind of Arizona | Affiliate Board Member
National Association of Blind Students | Board Member
Arizona Association of Blind Students | President
Phone: 480-652-3045