Ubuntu with Orca

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 04:28:08 UTC 2018

Hi Brian,

It seems speech-dispatcher got stuck when trying to stop it. A week ago
I try installing Ubuntu 16.04 and experiencing that issue. I had to kill
it with "kill -9" then restart orca. I think ubuntu 16.04 is not stable
enough with orca. It crashed quite often on my system.

Now I use Debian 9 and it's pretty rock solid. Orca is running smoothly
and I have no need to restart it even once. If you have the option, you
may want to use Debian.

Best Regards

Edhoari Setiyoso

email : edhoari.s at gmail.com