Ubuntu with Orca

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 05:57:30 UTC 2018

Le 23/01/2018 à 21:27, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> I am just trying to interact with the console as of now. I do not have the time to work through all the desktop commands but eventually I will learn by doing I am sure. I need to be able to interact with the console for issuing commands and more importantly reading  the output of those commands.

It's possible, for sure. But I don't know if GNOME Terminal works
correctly on Ubuntu. I'm doing that on Debian with the Mate terminal, I
use the Orca flat review (equivalent to the Jaws cursor).

I'm using Mate on Debian and it just works. I advise you as Edhoari to
switch on Debian 9 with Mate to ensure you have a solid environment.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager