Installing Ubuntu on an AMD HP Laptop

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Jul 21 20:56:31 UTC 2018

Hello,
With a little extra help from my iPhone's camera, I figured out that
pressing alt-windows-S will bring up Orca. I tried using the alt-F2 and
typing Orca, but it said, screen reader on. Desktop frame, screen reader
off. Fortunately, I got it to work.
Near the end of the installation process, I had a little bit of trouble
determining which /dev/sda partition type to use. The /dev/sda3 which
was an ext.4 partition had 968000 MB, I figured this was the partition
Windows and other files was. I went and changed the partition to mount
it as root /, and I told it not to format the partition. Still, I don't
know if it actually kept Windows or if it deleted it, because when I
start my computer, Linux comes right up.
Also, I would like to know if there are any other speech synthesisers
that work with Linux, as I don't want to just use the eSpeak default
male voice. What is speech system and speech dispatcher? Also, what are
the dummy and generic synthesisers?
If you can provide me with more information that would be excellent. I
am just having to get used to getting around the graphical user
interface for a while until I figure out how to get both Windows and
Linux running side by side without having to use a virtual machine.
-Harmony