slint .bashrc not being sourced on login

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 16:07:07 UTC 2018

Hello,

Le 04/06/2018 à 16:21, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> This is an odd situation and I wouldn't have caught it unless I had
> populated .bash_aliases with aliases.  After login I need to source
> .bashrc to have .bash_aliases run.  Can I change some configuration on
> this system to have ~/.bashrc sourced after login?

.bashrc is of course sourced after login, as this is a feature of bash
that is completely distribution agnostic.

BY default in Slint it just contains this code snippet:
<code snippet begin>
export PS1='\u[\w]\$ '

if [ -f ~/.bash_aliases ]; then
	. ~/.bash_aliases
fi
<end of code snippet>

Also by default .bash-aliases is not written in Slint but the user
can write it.

Of course you are free to make any change you see fit.

And I welcome proposals to change the default in next version.

Greetings,

Didier
---
Slint distribution