Getting rid of the search box in Firefox.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 11:01:36 UTC 2018

So you know the search box that's part of Firefox's naigation toolbar
that can be accessed by tabbing from the address bar or by pressing
ctrl+K? I want to get rid of it as I don't use it and it frequently
gets in the way of me using Orca's navigational hotkeys(usually on a
freshly loaded page) by taking focus seemingly at random. I've tried
googling, but all I can find there suggests using the
view>toolbars>customize option from the menus, which seems muse and
visually oriented to the point of being useless for someone who uses a
keyboard exclusively and relies on a screen reader.

Does anyone know an about:config option I could change to get rid of
this search box or some other accessible way of getting rid of it?