Running locate on both machines?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 17:01:46 UTC 2018

Hi All: I have a main machine-and-a server machine storing most of my files.
So-far I cannot adequately run a "locate" command which will also search the
remote machine several feet away. There are strategic directories with mount
points, so I can play mp3s from the remote machine, but when running an
"updatedb" I get permission errors about those points.
The remote machine has an ssh connection through this gateway. By chance, can
any1 please suggest a way of transparency among these 2 machines? Thanks so much
in advance--and in running searches, I saw a reference to "power shell" but
looking in Debian, I did not find that.
Chime