slint 2tb limit

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 12:59:34 UTC 2018

The slint dvd turned into a coaster but I finally got an install on gpt
to work.  A three partition arrangement with boot being the first
partition and having bios_grub set on.  A second partition with type
linux, and a third partition with type swap.  With that setup, I was
able to install lilo to the mbr it will not install to the superblock of
the linux partition though.  That boot partition was set primary and was
2MIB in size.  I ended up with a 4GB swap partition and had a 2.8T linux
partition by the time it was all done.  The gpt install is more complex,
but doing it gets you past the 2TB limit.