slint audacious and cclive

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue May 15 12:10:45 UTC 2018

You have packages installed form the slackonly repo which are not at the
same version as those in the salix repo.

They are also built using SlackBuilds provided by slackbuilds.org but
for a more recent version than those on the salix "extra" repository
on which most pacakage are for a verion frozen some time after the
release of Slackware-14.2.

The rationale for this freeze is in this post from George Vlahavas, who
already added libquvi-scripts to the deps of cclive as I requested, by
the way:
http://salixos.blogspot.fr/2016/08/our-new-extra-repository.html

Mixing repos can lead to such incompatibilities, so do this as root:

removepkg cclive libquvi libquvi-scripts

Then remove or at least comment out the SOURCE line for the
slackonly.com repo in /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc
then run as root:
slapt-get -u
slapt-get -i cclive
This should download and install the three packages from
the salix (extra) repository

I confirm that cclive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UypXiV5frng
works here.

PS Instead of removing the packages from slackonly you could just
run "slapt-get --upgrade" after "slapt-get -u" as slept-get should then
automatically replace them by their version in the salix extra repo.

Didier
--
Didier Spaier
http://slint.fr