irc list command query

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon May 28 08:36:45 UTC 2018

If I log into a new irc server and want to get a list of public channels
on that server is it possible with any command line irc client to select a
file name on my local hard drive and run the /list command and have the
output of that list command sent directly into the file I selected
earlier?  I can understand servers complaining about major hits to their
service from /list commands being run and would think being able to send
the output to a file would be easier on the servers and the users who
could then look through that channels file offline and find what channels
interest them.