Other accessible terminal emulation

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 22:03:56 UTC 2018

Howdy,

> Well what does the -E option and

For Fenrir -e and -E it starts with PTY emulation. -e is watching for terminal escape sequences for shortcuts; -E does the same but grabs the shortcuts from EVDEV (linux event device) - it allows a typical shortcut layout but it limits fenrir to be single instance (only one application can have exclusive access to EVDEV), escape sequences are depending on the used terminal and it limits shortcuts to the set of possible sequences (example ^e for CTRL + e)

> why would I use it in a window
> manager?
The question was about speaking terminal emulators, so i suggested an graphical environment here. I have user what uses orca for guy apps and fenrir for its terminal emulation window. Biggest reason for most is better handling of complex text applications, some restart speaking after pressing a key and other bugs like that. Fenrir behaves equal on all text environments. Another reason is it has more functionality that is tuned for an text environment like speak indentation changes (useful for python hacker), hilight mode, spellchecker, a concept i call barrier mode (respects the ascii pseudo windows), sound icons, attribute handling ,  A say all and table review mode (navigate per cell or line an speak headline bevor each cell content is in WIP. Stuff like that...

> Also would someone be able to
> tell me how in the world I install qtatspi for qt accessibility?
What distro is used here?

I never used jack, so sorry :/ can't with that.

Cheers chrys