An OCR Inquiree Please?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 00:58:49 UTC 2018

Well, I want to resume scanning here, I grabbed the most obvious-and-mentioned
tools.
sudo apt-get install sane sane-utils imagemagick unpaper tesseract-ocr
tesseract-ocr-eng ocrad
I also installed yagf
So, similar to what I was able to do in OpenBook years ago, I want to scan
sideays pages. So with page4 on the left-and-page5 on the right. Will any of
these solutions support that option?
Also, I tried purchasing a commercial OCR program from Abbyy  but their Linux
version is still available for download from ocr4linux.com  they are not
providing any more trial demos or supporting other than an sdk.
So, if I can only scan sideways in a commercial, are their other options? I also
installed LIOS here in Debian. Thanks so much in advance for any guidance
Chime