An OCR Inquiree Please?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Oct 28 21:34:15 UTC 2018

If you want to buy Abbyy Finereader for Linux you can contact Hypra.fr
team, we're selling Finereader and a tool to help blind users of Linux
to read their documents easily.

You can contact us at contact at hypra.fr (in English or French).

Best regards,
Alex.

Le 23/10/2018 à 02:58, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> Well, I want to resume scanning here, I grabbed the most
> obvious-and-mentioned tools.
> sudo apt-get install sane sane-utils imagemagick unpaper tesseract-ocr
> tesseract-ocr-eng ocrad
> I also installed yagf
> So, similar to what I was able to do in OpenBook years ago, I want to
> scan sideays pages. So with page4 on the left-and-page5 on the right.
> Will any of these solutions support that option?
> Also, I tried purchasing a commercial OCR program from Abbyy  but their
> Linux version is still available for download from ocr4linux.com  they
> are not providing any more trial demos or supporting other than an sdk.
> So, if I can only scan sideways in a commercial, are their other
> options? I also installed LIOS here in Debian. Thanks so much in advance
> for any guidance
> Chime

Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager