linuxmint an accessibility failure

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 13:38:31 UTC 2018

I don't know why linuxmint bothers to include orca on its installation
disks.  In both cinnamon and mate versions orca when started waits a
couple seconds then shuts down.  That distro so far as I'm concerned isn't
built for accessibility and could gain more disk space for more eye candy
by removing the whole accessibility stack.  It's clear none of its
developers even tested orca on the installer to find if it would work and
how well and it's also clear that there's no interest whatever in doing so
in our lifetimes.

Avoid LinuxMint like the plague if you now need accessibility or ever will
need accessibility it was made for the MacDonalds set not power users.