raspberry pi for screen reader users

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 18:21:10 UTC 2018

I passed by someone trying to make a distro for the pi with
accessibility in mind, orca was stated to not work with it, he used
espeak or similar with a less good result, don't expect too much ...

Personnaly I work on a project with Debian but packing the iso and
having a decent accessible installer are what I can't fix alone, the
rest is thinked perfectly and it does more than any accessible distro
of the past and now, sadly I won't release if not fully ready since
it's planned to be a game changer distro, if I don't do it properly it
will be misused, if done well it could change everything...

<blinux-list at redhat.com>:
> I probably will use walmart app to order what I get.
> I think I have all necessary peripherals that were in use before this
> system got invented I can attach either by usb or wirelessly.  In addition
> to the Pi itself and its power supply what else might be useful to have so
> an additional order isn't necessary?  I have a usb keyboard and a
> bluetooth keyboard.  I have a 3.5MM jack speaker system and another usb
> speaker system and a bluetooth speaker system.  I have a usb hub and have
> external memory in terms of a usb hard drive I can attach to the hub.  I
> get to the internet with wi-fi and will need to ujse the 5.0 band for that
> soon.  The other thing I don't know is if the operating system that comes
> with Raspberry Pi's has any screen reader capability available to be
> turned on by the correct command or commands.

Michaël Caron Couturier