audio disk ripping

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 14:46:43 UTC 2018

Tim here. There's a great tutorial on using "cdparanoia" to convert
them to lossless .wav files, then either "lame" to convert those to
MP3 or "oggenc" to convert them to OGG format:

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-ripping-and-encoding-audio-files/

It also mentions using "ripperx" or "k3b" in a GUI, but I've not
tried either of those.

There's also "abcde" which you can read about at

http://www.andrews-corner.org/linux/abcde/index.html

which also seems to have CDDB integration for getting track
listings.  If you need more details, my sweet-heart has been hinting
that she'd like me to reduce several shelves of CDs down to just
those for which I want the liner-notes, ripping the rest.  So I can
do some experimenting if needed while pleasing her too. (grins)

-tim