audio disk ripping

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 15:48:18 UTC 2018

Yeah, abcde is command line. If I'm not mistaken, it's actually a perl
script that lets you query CDDB with Musicbrains, rip the disc with
cdparanoia, and encode the resulting wav files with your choice of
encoder in a single command.

I don't know all of its features, but I usually run it with the command

abcde -xo flac

Which query's CDDB, prints the CDDB matches to the screen and prompts
the user to select from among the matches, rips each track to a file,
encodes to flac naming and tagging based on the CDDB data, and ejects
the disc when done. If you just type abcde at the command line, it'll
do the same except it'll use the default encoder(not sure if the
default is LAME, Ogg, or to leave the rips as uncompressed wav files)
and won't eject the disc.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
Bachelor of Computer Science
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.