Starting Orca in a virtual machine.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 13:22:04 UTC 2018

On September 6, 2018 10:27:55 AM UTC, Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:
>Hi!
>Its a mac laptop so it has a monitor i am afraid.
>/A

No need being afraid at all ;).

Would you please answer a few questions to understand your setup and problem better.

1) Are you running Apple's OSX natively on your MacBook? If yes, which exact version?
2) Are you planning to run Ubuntu Linux in a virtual machine under OSX?
3) Which virtualization software you use?
4) Are you running some other (than OSX) operating system natively on your MacBook?
5) Are you planning to run the mentioned Ubuntu Linux as the only operating system on your MacBook?
6) Which exact version of Ubuntu Linux you try to install?
7) Which exact model of MacBook and OSX version you have?

Just trying to understand your situation...

Regards,
Birdie

>> 6 sep. 2018 kl. 00:53 skrev Linux for blind general discussion
><blinux-list at redhat.com>:
>>
>> Ubuntu may not work if a monitor is not plugged in.  Not sure if the
>virtual machine can simulate that.  There are dummy plugs you can buy
>for less than $10.
>>

>> On 9/5/2018 2:41 PM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>> I am currently trying to run Ubuntu 1.04.1 but can’t seem to be able
>to run orca from the Iso.
>>> I hear the drum sound and after that i have tried ctrl + alt + s and
>control + super + s.
>>> Nothing works.
>>> I know you can open up a kind of run dialog like in windows.
>>> I don’t know if its f2 or alt f2 or anything else?
>>> Any thoughts might be helpful.
>>> Thanks in advance from Anders.
>>> /A

Immo Niemela
Cell +358 41 4435311
--
Sent from yet another mobile device. Please excuse my brevity.