between google and firefox it's nearly impossible to get anything done!

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 11:55:20 UTC 2019

Is there a reason you couldn't just rename the file containing the url
to .txt so Firefox will recognize it as a plain text file, open it in
Firefox and then do ctrl+A, ctrl+C, ctrl+l, and ctrl+v to copy and
paste it to the address bar?

Admittedly, I use Firefox as my primary browser, but this is how I
handle pretty much anything that requires copy-and-pasting from the
console to Firefox. Sadly, Firefox tends to treat plain-text files
that don't end in .txt as binary files unless its something a web
browser is designed to parse(e.g. if I wanted to copy and past a bit
of source code, Firefox would just try downloading the file if I tried
opening a .cpp or .sh file from my local filesystem without renaming
to .txt first).