file: youtube-viewer.txt

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 20:43:48 UTC 2019

Hello Jace,

Didier here.

I'll let Jude answer for youtube-viewer that I do not use.

However mps-youtube allows that. As an side it has less deps
that youtube-viewer so I packaged it for Slint <smile>

Below the output of "help search":

      Searching and Retrieving

      set search_music false - search all YouTube categories.
      set search_music true  - search only YouTube music category.

      /<query> or .<query> to search for videos. e.g., /daft punk
      Search Arguments:
      -d, --duration    Can be any/short/medium/long
      -a, --after       Date in YYYY-MM-DD or YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM format
      -l, --live        Limit search to livestreams
      -c, --category    Search within a category, (number or string)
                        Available categories:
                        travel, film, blogging, sports, news, music, gaming, autos

      //<query> or ..<query> - search for YouTube playlists. e.g.,     //80's music
      n and p - continue search to next/previous pages.
      p <number> - switch to page <number>.

      album <album title> - Search for matching tracks using album title
      channels <Channel name> - Search for channels by channelname
      live <category> - Search for livestreams from a range of categories.
      Categories: travel, film, blogging, sports, news, music, gaming, autos

      mkp <fullfilepath> - Creates a playlist automatically with video titles from fullfilepath
      <fullfilepath>: Full path of text file with one title per line

      mkp -d <search result number> - Create a playlist based on tracks
      listed in that videos description. (Alternatively one can use --description)

      user <username> - list YouTube uploads by <username>.
      userpl <username> - list YouTube playlists created by <username>.
      pl <url or id> - Open YouTube playlist by url or id.
      url <url or id> - Retrieve specific YouTube video by url or id.
      url_file <file_absolute_path> - Retrieve YouTube videos by url or id from a .txt file.
      File format : .txt, with one url or id by line.

      r <number> - show videos related to video <number>.
      u <number> - show videos uploaded by uploader of video <number>.
      c <number> - view comments for video <number>