Slint and VM

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Aug 23 23:07:32 UTC 2019

Hello,

Let's create a qemu directory in your $HOME and go there with these
commands:

mkdir $HOME/qemu
cd $HOMeqemu

Thjen create a virtual disk of size 2O G (Slint needs around 13G).
Check first that you have enough space then type:
qemu-img create disk.raw 20G

Then write a script to set up your VM. Let's name it qemu.sh. here is a
suggested content:

#/bin/sh
qemu-system-x86_64 \
-machine q35 \
-enable-kvm \
-cpu host \
-boot order=d \
-m 2G \
-soundhw hda \
-boot menu=on \
-display gtk \
-vga std \
-drive file=disk.raw,format=raw,media=disk \
-cdrom slint64-14.2.1.2.iso

Make the script executable:
chmod 755 qemu.sh

This is a simple example. I assume that the ISO is also in $HOME/qemu,
else after -cdrom indicate its path.

After installation, cloe the virtukla machibe and before staring it
again change the boot order to boot on the virtual drive:
-boot order=c

To know more read "man qemu".

Best,

Didier