amazon?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Aug 25 21:47:54 UTC 2019

I don't know much about Guillermo Robles, who filed the suit against
Domino's, but if you say they have money and connections, I can't
dispute that.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/do-protections-for-people-with-disabilities-apply-online-dominos-asks-high-court/2019/07/20/984c685e-a7fd-11e9-a3a6-ab670962db05_story.html?noredirect=on

I think we're talking about more then a few hundred blind people using
Amazon, but that obviously isn't the point. Some companies want to do
what's right because it's the right thing to do. It could help with
advertising and public relations. I'm sure Apple and Microsoft aren't
committed to accessibility just because it means they're going to add a
few thousand sales to their bottom line. When companies won't listen is
when the threat of enforcing the law can make the difference. I'm pretty
sure the reason we have accessible Kindle's from Amazon is because the
DoJ said that ereaders used by schools and colleges had to be accessible.

Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail

On 8/25/19 4:31 PM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> Somebody with money and connections is suing them.
> Amazon probably could've been reasoned with when they first started. They were small and still connected to their customer base. Now, they're so big, they don't care if a few hundred people don't use their site. It's like a four year old trying to box against George Foreman. He's not going to notice much lol.

Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail