latest lynx ANN: lynx2.9.0dev.3

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Aug 26 04:04:01 UTC 2019

I don't follow the development of any web browser, not even the one I
spend most of my waking hours in(Firefox), but if HTML5 has been a
standard since 2012 and Lynx has only had HTML5 support since 2016,
that still sounds like a rather significant amount of feature lag.

Not that I'd expect a text-mode browser to stay cutting edge, but it
does make you wonder how many web sites are one major upgrade away
from breaking in Lynx and how many web design teams wouldn't even be
aware it happened.