amazon?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Aug 26 06:23:36 UTC 2019

If I have, at any time, implied that everyone should use a specific
tool or set of tools, I apologize as such was never my intention. I
merely shared some details of my own experience in the hopes someone
might find it useful and feel like I've recieved undue hostility in
return, and perhaps some of my own words have been harsher than
intended as a result.

I am well aware that blindness is far from the only challenge in the
realm of accessibility, but as I myself am functionally blind but
other wise able bodied and have had minimal contact with individuals
with other disabilities, my own experience has little applicability
outside of blind accessibility.

Many accessibility issues would vanish if WCAG achieved universal
adoption, and perhaps there is value in legal mandates to help the
process along, but I doubt the day that goal is reached will be any
time soon, assuming it can be done at all. In the meantime, the best
most of us can realistically do is  give our opinions on which tools
are most accessible, provide feedback where accepted to the people who
create and maintain the tools and build websites and hope said
feedback leads to improvement, and share workarounds we've come up
with when we hear of someone having a similar problem.