google high security and linux command line email programs

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 19:26:35 UTC 2019

Has anyone here gone high security with google and generated an
app-password for their command line email apps?  If so, which apps?
I have and can use a few different apps but really want to know what
google will be limiting me to with two-factor authentication and an
app-password before I enable two-factor authentication.  If there's no
apps this can be done with, no point enabling two-factor authentication
and trying to generate an app password for any of these.  When google
security is after users to enable higher security and google recognizes
linux devices have been and are likely to continue being used on an
account those messages ought to include a list of apps that will work in
linux.