google high security and linux command line email programs

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 19:40:04 UTC 2019

Hi,
I'm writing this e-mail in Alpine from my gmail adress using an in-app
password. No problems whatsoever. You're prompted for the password at the
start of the session, as well as the first time you send an e-mail during
that session.

No idea if Google actually detects my client, or what would happen if I
selected another program.

hth,
Tobias