Hiya, new and a few questions

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 13:25:58 UTC 2019

Hi all....decided to show up here finally. So...questions, and probably
really, really obvious ones but....

1. Okay, so filters on email. I use Thunderbird. I set up one to move
all my stuff from various lists into its own folders, one for this list
for example. Now, instead of setting up the filters every time on a new
machine or device.....can I simply skip all that and just set the
filters in Gmail to start with and wil Thunderbird pick up on that?

2. I was reading the Jenux thread on the AG.net forums and participating
on it (no prizes for guessing who I am there), and I was wondering,
since once I get a faster internet, what you lot suggest for accessible
programs to put on a new machine. I got two schools of thought...

1. See if Jenux will work on bare metal. Just because it works fine in a
VM at 400 kb/s DL rate...doesn't mean it works on bare metal. I'd rather
not risk my desktop breaking.

2. Go with something like Antergos, that I know for a fact has
accessibility packages as an option in the installer.....

So. If I go Jenux, I get accesssible stuff.

However. I'm also posing this...

If I go Antergos.....where can I find the folloing....

1. I know Mate comes with easy to use stuff. However. Is there an easy
way to port some of the stuf Jenux installs with its script (namely the
rhvoice, Firefox addons and so forth) into an Antergos install. Both are
Arch based and have the same underlying architecture....so what's the
easiest way.

Is it a simple sudo pacman -S rhvoice-git then it'll show up in Orca?

And next question. What's the general consensus on the most
Orca-friendly office suite? Yeah I know LibreOffice is popular
but....I'm wary of that having bad Orca support, and Pluma only goes so far.

Ideally, I'd like Jenux to improve, and not die horribly if, say,
there's a power outage that makes it unable to boot (which happened with
it on a VM when I was playing around with it)

Or, I'd like to make Antergos as useable for me as possible. So to that
end..

Next question. What are the 'must have' for a Mate install of Antergos?
I'm excluding stuff that's installed by default with a Mate install,
however things like voices, programs, etc are fair game. So,
list.....what are the 'must have' things installed?

Oh and one more. Jenux has freedos-accessible. Is that in the main repos
or not, if so I'd assume I need the Jenux repo to grab it, right?