What are the Arch 'must have' accessibility packages?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 18:55:10 UTC 2019

Howdy,

> If a distro treat you like a third party citizen avoid it, accessibility
right :). But it doesn't mean there is no additional cool stuff.
you can find most of my A11y related software in AUR.

SOPS - Simple Orca Plugin System (brings i.e. Say Battery, Say
Clipboard, Say WIFI)
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/simpleorcapluginsystem-git/
OCRdesktop - Only works with tesseract 3 currently what requres sadly
some extra work. version 4 breaks the API and i need to fix this up first.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ocrdesktop/
Fenrir Command Line Screenreader
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fenrir-git/

not one of mine but an very usefull OCR suite i think:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lios-git/

some very accessible MUD clients:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/powwow/
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/tintin/