Desktop environments

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 13:04:44 UTC 2019

Good to know there are some workarounds for the issues with Pulseaudio.

Still, I'm quite happy without those 200+ megabytes of bloat and will
be sticking to my strategy of purging Pulseaudio from any system that
installs it by default until given a reason to actually keep it. Then
again, I'm not sure I've ever heard even a sighted user say anything
good about pulseaudio and I'm not even sure what issue with the
lighter, more mature sound system options its supposed to address.