Desktop environments

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 18:54:01 UTC 2019

The official binaries of firefox requires pulseaudio.

However firefox can be built without this requirement.

As an example Slackware firefox packages do not require pulseaudio.

So, it all depends what options chose the person who built the package.

@All: please name yourself in top or bottom of your post,
so we know who is speaking.

Best,
Didier