WiFi and arch linux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 20:54:42 UTC 2019

Install NetworkManager if not done.

Start it (see how in the Arch Wiki)

To configure the wireless connections, two commands are available using
the command line.

Aou can type the commands directly on the console or in a
graphical terminal like mate-terminal. Type them as regular user not as
root.

These commands are nmtui (dialog boxes) or nmcli (pure command line),
both accessible.

Using nmtui, you can navigate with the Tab and arrow keys.
You will be proposed three options:
Edit a connection
Activate a connection
Set system hostname

If no wireless connection has been set yet, choose Activate a connection.
You will be proposed from top to bottom the wired connections (if any)
then accessible wireless networks. Navigate with the down and up arrow
keys to select the network you want, then just type Enter: you will
probably be asked the password or encryption key. Type it, use the Tab
key to confirm, then exit and you are done.

nmcli brings more possibilities, but needs that you first know how to
use it so first type 'nmcli --help' and know more 'man nmcli' (without
the quotes).

Then in graphical mode only, you can use the application
nm-connection-editor.

These are instructions for Slint excerpt of:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/doc/ACCESSIBILITY

But that should work for Arch as well.