Arch linux applications and learning

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 13 12:58:30 UTC 2019

Well, the Bash Beginners Guide, is not a so easy reading for a
beginner, IMHO.

I recommend The Linux Cookbook from Michael Stutz.
there is a printed edition available e.g.@ Amazon, but you
can access it on line:
http://dsl.org/cookbook/cookbook_toc.html

Very useful for beginners as well as advanced users.

Bash has a lot of features in addition of what is specified
by POSIX, that a lot of users won't ever use.

If you want to know the features that should be available
on any shell compliant to the POSIX specification, read:
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/V3_chap02.html

Didier